What is Tai Chi
- Internal exercise & art
- Embraces & Connects body, mind & spirit
- Simple & easy to do exercises for all age groups in spite of their physical condition and age
Tai Chi Goals
- Improving health & quality of life
- Co-ordination and balance
- Flexibility and agility of body, mind & spirit
- Relief from nagging pain & Stress
- Increased Focus, Concentration & Attention
- Holistic Wellness in individuals/groups/organizations
Tai Chi @ NG
At NG we practice, teach and follow Dr.Paul Lam’s Tai Chi. Dr.Paul Lam is a retired family physician and the Director of Tai Chi for Health Institute - TCHI & is a world leader in the field of Tai Chi for health.
Tai Chi is easy to learn, enjoyable and proven by over 30 medical studies to relieve arthritis pain, diabetes and improve many aspects of health. There are over eight million people around the world who have enjoyed and benefited from Dr Lam’s Tai Chi for Health programs.
- Tai Chi is offered as an additional package in our Counselling, Training, Supervision and Workshops to ensure holistic and sustainable outcomes in each of these services.
- NG Counsellors, Trainers, Mentors, Coaches and Staff practice Tai Chi and report sustainable personal and professional growth and development.
- Lightness, joy, dignity, pain relief and energy surfaced in the Tai Chi climate in Nitya Gurukula.
- Reduced stress and increased problem solving capacities are the outcomes we experience from our practice.
- All our team members are Certified Tai Chi Instructors from Tai Chi For Health Institute, Australia.
Who Can Do Tai chi??
- Anyone & everyone interested in
- Wellness, Peace, Harmony & Balance.
- Relief from arthritic pain & discomfort
- Flexibility, good posture & fall prevention
- Increased immunity & memory
Scientific Tai Chi @ NG
NG Tai Chi journey began with Dr. Paul Lam online
Dr. Paul Lam’s Tai Chi provides essential relief, scientific approach and healing required to face, handle and benefit from modern day stressors, because of Dr. Lam’s:
- Expertise & experience as a medical doctor,
- Sensitivity &
- Openness to learn from his misfortunes in China as a young kid, from his master’s & trainees
Dr. Paul Lam continues to create humane Tai Chi practices which nurture and nourish the body, mind and spirit.
Lam’s Tai Chi brought in the much required balance in NG services, as it blends with Transactional Analysis, Participatory Action Research and NG’s Holistic Approach.
Biological, affective, cognitive, behavioural, social and spiritual dimensions of participants are integrated and strengthened.
TAI CHI FOR HEALTH PROGRAMS
Tai Chi for Health programs are designed by Dr Lam and experts from medical & Tai Chi field
NG Tai Chi Workshops – Online & Direct Sessions Available
TAI CHI TO RELIEVE STRESS & IMPROVE IMMUNITY – FOUNDATION LEVEL FOR BEGINNERS
This program strengthens your body & improves your mental balance
It takes you on an enjoyable journey for better health and harmony through the power of Tai Chi
TAI CHI FOR DIABETES
Easy to learn and designed to prevent and improve the control of diabetes. The program will help minimise the risk of complications of diabetes by improving heart/lung function, muscular strength, flexibility, balance, and stress reduction.
TAI CHI FOR ARTHRITIS & FALL PREVENTION
Older people are more likely to fall which can cause serious injury. The causes of falls in the elderly are due to muscle weakness, poor balance and vision, lack of confidence in moving about and the effect of medication. Many studies have shown Tai Chi as being one of the most effective approaches for preventing falls.
TAI CHI FOR ENERGY
This program will improve your health and wellness, internal energy, and the ability to manage stress.
With regular practice, in short span of time, this program will bring better health & more energy